These General Terms and Conditions govern the provision of consulting, coaching and implementation of the services provided by Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK.
The present general terms and conditions are applicable to any access to software services provided by Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK. They also apply to the provision of consulting and implementation of extra services.
They remain valid even in cases where they contradict the general or special terms and conditions of the Client, unless Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK has accepted the latter conditions explicitly and in writing.
General Description: Sci-Meet is an always online and cloud-based platform to support event organizers in implementation and execution of processes and procedures connected to the organization of an event. Sci-Meet software allows the
Client to provide solutions for the event's participants such as registration, accommodation, submitting abstract, online payment, billing, mailing, etc.
Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK is licensor of a software application “Sci-Meet” described above, which can be modified from time to time. Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK will grant, under the conditions of this Agreement, the Client to get access to the
Sci-Meet software and make use of it. The Client has studied the Licensed Program before signing this Agreement, and fully understands the working and value of the system.
By accepting the contract, the Client declares of being above the age of 18. Customers using the Sci-Meet website and the software who are minor/under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website or software and shall not transact on
or use the Website and Software.
The Client is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his account. By accepting this agreement, or by using the Sci-Meet software solutions, the Client formally and explicitly give his consent to the terms and conditions of this
agreement on behalf of himself and the company on whose behalf he will use the Sci-Meet services provided under this agreement.
Software: The term “Software” shall include the software application as described above and related licensed materials and data, access to which is granted to the Client under this Agreement.
Use: Unless otherwise defined in this Agreement, the term “Use” shall mean the use of all or any part of the Licensed Program. The rights granted are further specified below in this agreement.
The Agreement is effective from the date that the Service Contract Proposal is signed by both parties.
Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK may immediately terminate the Agreement in total upon written notice if,
- The Client becomes insolvent, files a petition of bankruptcy (or any similar petition under any insolvency law of any jurisdiction), ceases its activities, or proposes any dissolution, or
- The Client is in severe violation of this Agreement.
Right to use the software can be terminated for convenience, depending on the subscription model chosen, as described in the Service Contract Proposal.
Upon payment of the due amounts, Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK grants to the Client
- A non-transferable and non-exclusive right of access to the Software,
- A non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the Software for data processing with its customers and business partners in accordance with its intended use.
The Client shall not use, print, copy, modify, translate or alter the Software in whole or in part except as expressly provided for in this Agreement or as permitted by compelling law. In addition, the Client has no permission to decompile,
disassemble, or analyze the Software by “reverse engineering” and each attempt thereto shall constitute an infringement to this Agreement, unless such act is expressly permitted by compelling law.
The parties hereto expressly agree that the Software, to the extent that it would be modified, will replace as modified version the original or previous version of such Software and henceforth be subject to all rights and obligations as mentioned
in this Agreement, including but not limited to, the provisions concerning term, rights of use (‘license’), protection and security, title, default, limited warranty, patents and copyrights, unless such matters are regulated differently in this
Copyright and Protection of Licensed Program
The Sci-Meet Event Management Software and its website are controlled and operated by Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK. All content and materials, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, are protected by copyrights which are owned and
controlled by Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK or by other parties that have licensed their material to Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK . Unless otherwise specified, the content and materials on the Software and website are for personal and non-commercial use
and you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information, Software or documentation obtained without written permission from Gazelle Code Lda
All intellectual property rights in, title to or ownership of the Licensed Program and the services delivered by Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK shall at all times remain with Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK.
Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK warrants and the Client agrees that the Software is confidential and proprietary and a valuable commercial asset of Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK. The Client agrees to keep the Software in confidence, to not disclose the
Software to any third parties except when using it for its business partners and colleagues, and:
- limit availability of the Software to those of its employees who are contractually permitted and need to have access thereto in order to use the Software in conjunction and who have been informed by the Client of the proprietary nature of
- have such employees treat as confidential the Software;
- avoid publication or other disclosure of the Software to other than those persons described in (i) above; and
- not allow anybody to disclose or make available the Software to any unit, division, group, or subsidiary of the Client or the Client's parent company if engaged in the development or sale of computer programs which are or may be competitive
with the Software – except if this use is part of a collaboration project the Client conducts on the Software.
The Client's obligations set forth in this Article shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement or discontinuance of the license granted under this Agreement.
Payments and Invoices
- The Client will be granted full access to the services provided by Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK by our team. Billing will start following month/quarter and account creation date will be the billing date for every month/quarter as long as client
continues using Sci-Meet services. The total billing amount will be calculated separately based on the number of collected registrations and abstracts through Software within each past month or by payments issued. All payments will be Invoiced
and paid by bank transfer. All prices quoted by Gazelle Code Lda - bitOKare in &; (euro) and includes tax.
- Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK does not charge for registrations and abstracts if they are deleted before the end of the month/quarter.
- A digital invoice will be delivered to the email address indicated by the Client on the application form, before each payment.
- In case of a non-payment, Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK reserves the right to suspend the Client's access to his/her account and other Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK services. Immediately after 30 days billing date, Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK will apply
a soft blocking in which only the Client is non-granted access to the account but the participants continue to access Sci-Meet services. In case Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK cannot received after 35 days the Client's account will be blocked
permanently both for the Client and for the participants.
- Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK does not delete client projects because of non-payments and grants access to them any time default payments were completed.
- All dates in Sci-Meet software are referred to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT 00:00).
- Any contestation of an invoice must be transmitted to Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK by e-mail.
- The Client must retain a copy of transaction records and Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK policies and rules.
The Client can have access to the software solutions provided by Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK through the URL: www.sci-meet.com. As a SaaS (Software as a Service), Sci-Meet works in a cloud environment and requires a permanent and reliable internet
connection to be launched and used error-free.
The Client hereby agrees not to copy, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, sub-license or transfer Sci-Meet to anyone else. Nothing in these conditions of sale grants the Client any rights other
than those expressly set out herein. These terms do not grant the Client any rights in relation to the synchronization, public performance, promotional use, commercial sale, resale, reproduction, distribution or commercial exploitation of
anyGazelle Code Lda - bitOK services. Any breaches of these terms will be pursued to the full extent of the law.
Support by Email: Minimum response time, 24 Hours. Maximum response time, 72 Hours
Termination of Account
The Client, who wishes to cancel his account should complete the remaining payment.
- Warranty: Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK represents and warrants that it will provide the SaaS Services in a professional manner consistent with general industry standards and that the SaaS Services will perform substantially in accordance with the
- Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK guarantees that the provided software is the most recent officially released version.
- Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK reserves the right of making necessary changes in the software or release new versions.
- Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK will always welcome client feedbacks and will always take them into consideration in accordance with its new version development programs. But this does not warrant that Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK has to change the
software features and capabilities according to individual requirements or expectations.
- Before signing this Agreement, client accepts that (s)he has fully understood the features and capabilities of the software and its performance limits.
- Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK’s Warranty Statement;
“Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK WARRANTS THAT THE SAAS SERVICES WILL PERFORM IN ALL MATERIAL RESPECTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOCUMENTATION. Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SAAS SERVICES WILL BE PERFORMED ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED,
OR THAT Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK WILL CORRECT ALL SAAS SERVICES ERRORS. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK DOES NOT CONTROL THE TRANSFER OF DATA OVER COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, AND THAT THE SAAS SERVICE MAY
BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF SUCH COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES. THIS SECTION SETS FORTH THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY GIVEN BY Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT
MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT. Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SAAS SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, VIRUS-FREE OR ERROR-FREE OR Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK WILL BE LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ALTERATION, THEFT
OR DESTRUCTION OF CUSTOMER’S OR ANY USER’S DATA, FILES, OR PROGRAMS. “
The Client acknowledges that the information and data it receives from Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK concerning the Licensed Program are confidential and proprietary and a valuable commercial asset of Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK.
Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK acknowledges that the general business information it receives from The Client is confidential and proprietary.
Both parties agree to keep the above-mentioned information and data they receive from the other party in confidence and to not disclose any of it to a third party or use it for its own benefit without previous consent of the other party in
writing. Both parties may only disclose the confidential information or data to those of its employees, who require the information to enable that party to fulfil its contractual obligations towards the other party.
Each project created, conducted and completed by using Sci-Meet can be added to Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK's references list.
Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK's liability include any incidental or consequential damage arising out of the use of the Licensed Program or the related information or documentation, or any other damage which has not been caused
directly and immediately by a fault of Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK, such as but not limited to loss of income, claims of third parties, loss of data, damages or defects due to materials or information from The Client or a third party.
- For direct damages, if repair in species is not possible, the liability of Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK toward The Client or toward third parties shall never exceed the amounts paid by The Client for the use of the Software during one (1) year.
In case of force majeure, such as e.g. complete or partial stagnation of the transportation system, illness of the personnel of Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK, problems of telecommunication, obstructions within the company or default of the suppliers
of Sci-Meet, Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK shall always be entitled to either suspend its obligations as long as the situation of force majeure continues, or, if the force majeure continues for more than 6 (six) months, to terminate the agreement by
law, without Gazelle Code Lda - bitOK being liable for damages in any of both cases.
Prohibition of Assignment
This Agreement, the license granted hereunder and the access to and use of the Licensed Program provided to The Client under this Agreement may not be assigned, sublicensed or otherwise transferred by The Client to any third party without Gazelle
Code Lda - bitOK's prior written consent.
If an amicable resolve of a dispute proves impossible, the courts with jurisdiction in Portugal shall solely be competent.
The agreement is governed by Portuguese law. In case of contestation between various judicial regulations in time, the jurisdiction applicable at the time the disputed contract was executed, or should have been executed, is applicable.